Most of you who read this know that I went to LA in April. At the end of May I went to Malmo, Sweden for a conference. Malmo is right across the water from Copenhagen, so I spent a day walking around Copenhagen. Malmo was beautiful, it seemed to be a pretty small city so it was easily walkable and the people were very nice. Here are a few pictures of Malmo:



And here are a few of Copenhagen, but first, an semi-interesting fact of the day. While I was in walking through the city with a colleague, I mentioned that I did not know anything about Denmark except for Hamlet and pastries. However I had forgotten about Hans Christian Andersen. One of Copenhagen's most famous statues is of the little mermaid, which is also one of H.C. Andersen's famous works. So here is a picture of the statue as well as some other interesting pictures. Funny enough the first thing we saw when we got into the city was a Scottish bagpipe band so of course I had to include that picture.



Finally, here are a few pictures of when I went to Loch Katrine, about 1 hour north of Glasgow. I went with some co-workers and their family. We biked from one pier around to the other pier, about 13 miles and then took the boat back. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. These pictures help prove that it does not always rain in Scotland!



Well, those are my adventures for now. I hope to have a few more before the summer is out and I will try my hardest not to wait 7 more months until posting. I hope that these pictures provide some incentive to come out and visit me. For those of you who don't know, my contract has been extended through November 2009 so that gives you more time to plan and come out.
Until next time...
Cheers,
Cara
No comments:
Post a Comment