Sorry it has been so long. I have had a great time here in Paris. This past week has been mostly just wandering around my neighborhood. Not much site seeing. I have been to the Sacre Coeur a few times...Have I mentioned that I love Gothic Cathedrals? Anyway, the rest of my time has been getting lost in the streets of Paris and finding my way home. Always fun.
Last weekend I had a great adventure when I went into the Catacombs under Paris. There are about 186 miles of tunnels under Paris and I went through maybe 3 miles of it. The Catacombs are a burial place in Paris. In the 18th Century thousands of bones from different cemeteries around Paris were relocated to the Catacombs. Now when you go down there you can see thousands of skulls and bones along the walls about 6 feet deep and 4-5 feet high. It is really interesting. If any of you come to Paris I would recommend it. One of the things that I noticed is that most of the bones that you see are skulls and leg and arm bones, may the rest were in there but I could not see them. Anyway onto more interesting and uplifting thoughts...
I hope to start traveling outside of Paris soon. I want to go to Versailles, and the regions of Bourgogne, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, and Champagne-Ardenne. I cannot wait to see the countryside and to explore the rest of France and drink the wine of course! I am also chomping at the bit to get back to Italy.
Check my photo album for new pictures.
I will try to update more often from now on.
Until next time...
Le continuer à combattre et a battu les ours!!
1 comment:
Hi Cara!!! Im glad that you're having so much fun. I wish I was there. Cross your fingers that I win the lotto so I can go for New Years...wouldn't that be awesome? Anyhow, hope you and Scottie are both doing good. Keep us posted..I miss you, almost as much as I miss the potato tacos!!!!!!
Post a Comment