Sunday, November 19, 2006

When in Rome...er Paris

Bonjour,

So I finally when out to a bar/club last night. It was great. It was an Irish pub not too far from my apartment. They had a dance floor so I spent most of my time dancing. I was serenaded to such hits as Chumbawumba's "I get knocked down", I really wish that song would go away. They played other good songs as well, some I knew and some I did not. All of the songs that they played were in English, so I will have to try and find a true French bar next time. One thing that I have to say that I missed was true R&B/Rap music to dance to. I am not sure if it was just this bar or if all the dance clubs are like this, but the dancing was much tamer than the clubs in the US. Not so much dry humping going on. The music seemed to be much mellower as well. They did play some Biggie, Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado, but they also played U2 (Tribute to Ireland) and the Eurythmics, it was a good mix, just not quite what I am used to.

I met some interesting people as well. There was a promotion going on and anyone who wore/was a fan of the New Zealand Rubgy team All Blacks got in free, so there were quite a few New Zealanders there with their team colors on (Can you guess what color?). I also met one guy who was born in the US but has been living in Europe for 19 years. It was nice to have a conversation with someone whose accent you recognize and who can help translate. I finally got to ask someone about where to get my hair done. I know it may not seem that big of a deal, but it is...lol.

So overall, my first foray into the Parisian nightlife was good and I highly recommend it. This week, I am going to visit a few museums and then take a day trip to either Versailles or Chartres. I will make sure to take lots of pictures and update when I come back.

Finally to my boys...GO TROJANS. We have yet again won the Pac-10 and are on our way to the Rose Bowl at the least. Now we only have two more big games and I hope I will be able to at least listen to them.

Until next time. I miss you all.

Au revoir

Continuer à combattre! Battre les Irlandais!

No comments: