Hey all,
So I have been fairly busy since the last time I talked to you. The weather has been on and off raining so I have been limited as to when I can/want to go out. I don't have an umbrella yet and I really don't relish going out into the rain. During one of the clear days that we have had I went back to the Arc de Triomphe and like I said the first time I say it it is truly amazing. The structure itself is beautiful and from it you can see many of the Parisian landmarks. I did not go up to the top, I am not sure if I want to climb the 200+ steps to get to the top. Maybe I will do it at least once before I leave. I have added pictures of it in my photo album. When I was there I actually saw some modern buildings, although they were pretty far away. I was amazed! I love the dichotomy of old European and modern all mixed together.
Afterwards I walked down the Champs Elysees again and then I walked down the rue du Faubourg St-Honore which is one of the most famous streets with many designer's shops. It was really interesting. As I was walking down the street I realized that there was music playing from speakers bolted to the buildings. Very nice, tres chic. I know that many of you girls and some of the guys would have a field day there, but walking by was enough for me. You should know that I am really not a shopper. I would spend about an hour there and be bored out of my mind. Plus all the guilt I would feel from spending so much on clothes...oi vey.
Today I went to a free museum...how nice is that? It was basically a history of France in art, my favorite way to learn about history. There were many pictures of Paris throughout the years as well as many portraits of famous French people. They had rooms that were dedicated to the various wars and empires of France. They also had some furniture and accessories from various. periods. It was really interesting. I wish that I was able to read French better as all of the signs were in French (imagine that, who do they think they are?). Anyway I found it to be very interesting and enlightening. Am I the only one that did not know that there were two Napoleons? Well if you did not know now you do. There was Napoleon Bonaparte (Napoleon I) and then there was a Napoleon III (Napoleon I's nephew). Obviously since there was a Napoleon III there had to be a Napoleon II, but he is not that important...lol.
Anyway that is your history lesson for today.
Now onto the sad part of my blog. What happened to my Trojans on Saturday? I have not seen them play that horribly in a long time. I would say congrats, but I would not do that to those who beat us. Needless to say I am sad, but we are still going to the Rose bowl and that is a great accomplishment in and of itself. As we say in sports, there is always next year. We should be even better and I am looking forward to it already. I am going into early withdrawal symptoms, I guess I will have to get into football out here to make up for it.
I miss you all lots and I hope you are all doing well. EMAIL ME!
Until next time...
Au revoir et Continuer à combattre et battre Wolverines!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Cara! Sounds like you're having lots of fun. That museum of history through via sounds so cool...but damn them for having thier signs in French, always trying to bring the Americans down!!!! Anyhow, I really miss you. Some of us are trying to get together this week and it wont be the same without you :( I know you're with us in spirit though and thats what counts. So how is Scotty? Anyhow, right soon....love ya!
Post a Comment